I am a ceremonialist, empathic intuitive, bodyworker, dream tender, energy and sound healer, song keeper, herbalist and artist. I am also clairvoyant and clairaudient, which means that I am able to perceive information about people, places, and situations through a deeply felt sense of knowing, and through images and words that appear in my mind’s eyes and ears.
I began my training in the psychic and healing arts in 2003. Since then, I have been profoundly lucky to have studied with many teachers, elders, and healers from different traditions and lineages who have helped me to strongly develop my abilities so that I may safely use them in service to the well-being of others. The specifics of my training are listed below, so please scroll down to learn more.
I am passionate about creating healing spaces and ceremonies that are transformative, inclusive, safe and compassionate. When we work together in a session, my role is to show up as a clear and objective intermediary between you and what is unseen or unconscious. My intention is to create the conditions within which you are supported in your quests for healing, illumination, and growth.
I have devoted over 16 years to studying healing ceremonies and methods because I believe that ceremony is a route to transformation that our society desperately needs at this time. Taking part in ceremony profoundly alters our inner experience, allowing us to recognize that life is rich with meaning. This shifts and expands our perspective, connecting us to others, the web of life and the enduring ocean of the cosmos. We must cultivate ritual and ceremony in everyday life, making it available to all who seek it.
Taking part in a ritual opens new doors of consciousness and understanding. We create ceremony in alignment with our intentions, and then experience transformation as we move through the ceremony’s symbolic rites and actions of release, separation, initiation, transformation, and return. These actions change what we know of ourselves and the world, leaving us with a new story about what it means to be alive.
Taking part in a ceremony cultivates curiosity, reverence for life, and courageous surrender. It clarifies our place in the larger order of things, showing us our role in the web of existence. As a result we begin to find meaning not only in past and present circumstances, but also in the many infinite and intricate possibilities that we can now envision for our future. This almost inevitably leads to positive and beneficial shifts both internally and externally. As our ways of relating to life shift, doors that were once closed become open—where before we saw walls, now pathways around or through obstacles begin to appear. This new understanding calls us to meaningful work and relationships.
When we create ritual around experiences of challenge or suffering, we are granted the gift of insight and a vision for the future. Healing rituals can help us to become aware of the powerful gifts that we may choose to harvest from our life experience. Through ceremony, we can choose to recognize our challenges as sacred initiations that are carrying us into a new phase of life and an expanded version of ourselves. Ceremony is not a replacement for physical or psychological care, but because ceremony tends to the healing of soul and spirit, it can profoundly augment any bodily or emotional healing process.
It is my honor and privilege to share with you what I have learned, to hold space for your healing and transformation, and to work in service to the healing lineages that have been, that are, and that will be coming.
You may scroll down below to see a list of all of my relevant training, experiences, and education.
Katy (she/her pronouns)
Background and Training
● Meditation and Mindfulness Teacher Training; Dr. Itai Itzvan (Upcoming, 2019)
● HeartMath Facilitator Training; HeartMath Institute (Upcoming, 2019)
● 21 Taras and Healing Mantras; Lama Tsering Wangdu Rinpoche (Upcoming, 2019)
● Foundations of the Great Turning / The Work That Reconnects; Randy Morris, Ph.D (2018)
● Creating Transformative Ritual; Advanced Transformative Ritual; Randy Morris, PhD. (2018)
● Ordained Minister; Universal Life Chuch (2018)
● Dreaming with Jung; The Way of the Dreamer; Robert Moss (2017)
● Ethics: Working with Human Vulnerabilities; Joe Rodin (2017)
● Personal Mentoring in Dreamwork and Ritual Studies; Randy Morris, Ph.D. (2016-ongoing)
● Dream Tending; Randy Morris, Ph.D. (2016)
● Compassionate Depossession; Curse/ Thought-form Unraveling; Betsy Bergstrom (2016)
● Ceremony, Dreamwork, & Plant Medicine; Dr. Deborah Frances Dancing Crow, ND (2015-ongoing)
● RECLAIM: Women’s Mysteries (Assistant); Lauren Morgan (2015-16)
● Diversity, Power, and Privilege; Ron Harris-White, MPH (2014)
● Earth Ceremony and Magic; Red Crow Sings (2013-15)
● Seidr; Seattle Seidr (2013)
● Lakota Ceremonial Traditions; Matilda Laughingwaters (2012-14)
● Astrology; Lawrence Winnerman (2012)
● Toltec Recapitulation; Phoenix Murphy (2012)
● Reflexology; Cortiva School of Massage (2009)
● Deep Tissue Massage Workshop Series; Brian Utting (2008-10)
● Visceral Manipulation Mentorship; Greg Yasuda, ND (2008)
● Core Shamanism and Healing Ceremonies; Personal Mentoring; Char Sundust (2007-ongoing)
● Reiki (Level 1 and 2); Aromatherapy; Polarity Therapy; Hannah Somatics; Hospice and Geriatric Massage; Brenneke School of Massage (2005)
● Herbalism; Ravencroft Gardens (2005)
● Psychic Development, Energy Anatomy and Healing; CDM Psychic Institute (2003-04)
● Antioch University Seattle (Current, 2019-2022)
MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
● Antioch University New England (2018)
Graduate Level Summer Intensive: Foundations of Anthroposophy and Waldorf Education
● Antioch University Seattle (2014 – 2018)
BA in Spiritual Studies and Liberal Arts
● Brenneke School of Massage (2004 – 2007)
Licensed Massage Therapist: WA State License #MA00024162
● Ancient Remembrance; Owner/Operator, 2013-2019
● Licensed Massage Therapist; 2007- Present
● American Massage Therapy Association; Member, 2007 - Present
● C.G. Jung Society, Seattle Chapter; Member, 2018-Present